• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to get Copyright from Lightroom to SmugMug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brightroom

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 11.1 [ 202112022200-7fd1f998 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Just read this article and I've never put copyright in my metadata before, and thought I'd start doing it.

My goal is to set Lightroom up so that future photos published from Lightroom have the Copyright embedded for 2022, but I also want to go back and apply it for all photos in smugmug.

I set it in the metadata like this
2022-01-07_21-29-20.png

But when published to Smugmug here https://markallison.smugmug.com/Other/Paramotoring/2021/2021-Photo-Book/i-7k3vqDq/A , it's not there, and not in the metadata after the photo is downloaded. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? What's the best way to do this?

2022-01-07_21-31-13.png

Solution
When you republish, are all the files flagged for republishing? You will need to select all, right click and "Mark to Republish". On my Mac, making a metadata change flags it as needing publishing, but I only tested with a title change.

Whoa, I switched to my 2021 copyright preset and it didn't flag for republishing, so I may be onto something.
I use Smugmug and copyright is appearing for me, and it looks like you’re properly entering the copyright info in Lightroom Classic.

One question just to clarify things: Are you sending photos up to Smugmug by using the Publish Service in Lightroom Classic, or by exporting from Lightroom Classic and then uploading manually using the website or the Smugmug uploader app for Windows?

I use Smugmug and copyright is appearing for me, and it looks like you’re properly entering the copyright info in Lightroom Classic.

One question just to clarify things: Are you sending photos up to Smugmug by using the Publish Service in Lightroom Classic, or by exporting from Lightroom Classic and then uploading manually using the website or the Smugmug uploader app for Windows?
I'm publishing from Publish Services directly to smugmug

What’s the Metadata: Include menu set to in the Smugmug Publish Service? It shouldn’t matter because all of the settings should include copyright, just checking things…I’m still not sure what might be going wrong. Are you using any plug-ins that alter metadata on export, such as Metadata Wrangler?

Lightroom-Classic-Publish-Service-Smugmug.jpg

When you republish, are all the files flagged for republishing? You will need to select all, right click and "Mark to Republish". On my Mac, making a metadata change flags it as needing publishing, but I only tested with a title change.

Whoa, I switched to my 2021 copyright preset and it didn't flag for republishing, so I may be onto something.

Solution

That was it! I marked the Smart Gallery for republishing and it's now working. Bit of a pain because I have to now reupload thousands of photos. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back