• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

ICC profile (for paper) not being used by printer (MAC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YewChenToronto

Lightroom Version Number
LR Classic 11.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
In Print Module>Print Job>Color Management, when I choose an ICC profile that matches my paper, that profile is not being sent or used by my printer (Canon Pro 10). Print Setting>Color Matching>ColorSync is chosen but greyed out. (As it should be.) The resulting print's colors are WAY off.

After a lot of wasted prints trouble shooting this problem, I've found that the workaround is to select "Managed by Printer" in Color Management and then choosing the ICC profile in Print Setting>Color Matching>ColorSync.

Is anyone else seeing this?

I never had this problem in LR6. I am new to LRc.

Your post prompted me to look at how mine was configured. I found that my non-canon paper icc profiles were working fine, but my canon ones were missing. Even trying add them I couldn't re-add them. And yes, I know how. I ran the Mac Colorsync utility with LR shutdown and it came up and told me there were errors in all my Canon icc profiles. I hit the repair button and it fixed them all and now I'm back to normal.

So, while my issue was different, you may have a similar problem. Try launching the Colorsync tool in the Utilities app folder, hit verify to find errors and repair to fix. This showed up for me in Big Sur, I haven't going to Monterrey yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back