• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

See my LR classic photos on iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

santwarg

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Sorry for what seems to be such a basic question. Typing in several queries in the search bar yields no results. I just want to be able to see my photos which are on LRC on my iPhone. What is the process to make that happen?

1. Enable cloud syncing in the LrC catalog.
2. Decide which photos you want to see in the cloud, then add them to a collection (or multiple collections), then enable those collections to sync (enable the sync checkbox in front of the collection name).
3. That will upload smart previews of those photos to the cloud (you can see the sync activity by clicking on the cloud icon top right of the Lightroom window).
4. On your iPhone, install the LrMobile app (called Lightroom Photo Editor) from the app store, start it and login to the same Adobe account as used for LrC.
5. Wait....eventually the smart previews that are uploaded to the cloud will appear in corresponding collections (though in LrMobile they are called Albums) in the LrMobile app.

There's a free Quick Start book available for download from Victoria's main web-site, that'll be a big help in getting things figured out.

Alternative step 2: Decide which photos you want to see in the cloud, then drag-and-drop them to the "All Synced Photographs" special collection (under the "Catalog" drop-down). I prefer this way, as I hate creating collections merely for the purpose of getting photos synced.

Alternative step 2: Decide which photos you want to see in the cloud, then drag-and-drop them to the "All Synced Photographs" special collection (under the "Catalog" drop-down). I prefer this way, as I hate creating collections merely for the purpose of getting photos synced.
Sure....but I work on the basis I'll want to use the album-sharing feature for the majority of images that get put into the cloud, which means organising them into the appropriate albums. So I can either put them into collections first, then sync the collections, or I can add them to the ASP for syncing, then organise them into albums in Lightroom prior to sharing. There's simply no difference from my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back