• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

What is causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST-EOS

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version Number
Classic 11.1 Release
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello everyone
I hope you can help me with this recent issue on importing images.

When I try to import images from a card reader to my drive of choice. I see an error message in Lightroom Classic as shown in the attached image. The drive that I wish to import to has 692GB free space with a total capacity of 3.63TB.

I can't see any attachments, Peter?
Sorry I don't know why the image disappeared, Ill try again

LR-Info.JPG

LR-Drive-Info.JPG

Attachments

• LR-Info.JPG
    LR-Info.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 95
I don't think it's a capacity issue but the folder on the F: drive is not existing or accessible. Have you checked the folder name and location?

The error message says that a particular folder on your destination drive doesn’t exist anymore. That folder is probably stored in a import preset, that is why you get this error. It doesn’t mean that you cannot manually select that drive as destination however, just that the preset can’t and so the destination in the preset is redirected.

The error message says that a particular folder on your destination drive doesn’t exist anymore. That folder is probably stored in a import preset, that is why you get this error. It doesn’t mean that you cannot manually select that drive as destination however, just that the preset can’t and so the destination in the preset is redirected.
I'm certain that the drive (F) exists Johan, as I have used the tools available in Windows 10 to check/test it this morning. I'm interested in your theory regarding that the folder is stored in a Preset.

I have just looked at the "Import" folder in the Lightroom Folder on my system drive (path = C:\Users\My Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom). However the Import Preset/ User Presets Folder at that path location is empty.

I have just imported a couple of images to see what would happen. I believe that first the message appeared as it did previously. But rather than clicking OK to accept the images going into a "Pictures" folder. I used the Destination To" drop-down menu and chose the option to "Clear Recent Paths, then used the "Other Destination" option and navigated to my F Drive and the import worked!

It seems as though clearing the recent paths option has removed the import to "Pictures" issue . But I could be wrong :confused:

Read my reply again. I did not say that the drive does not exist, but that the specific folder in the path does not exist. The preset I mentioned could also be the last remembered destination, rather than a saved preset. So yes, clearing the path could solve this too. It is a non-issue anyway.

Read my reply again. I did not say that the drive does not exist, but that the specific folder in the path does not exist. The preset I mentioned could also be the last remembered destination, rather than a saved preset. So yes, clearing the path could solve this too. It is a non-issue anyway.
Thanks for taking time to respond Johan, stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back