• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Does LRC keep a history of more than the previous import?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill.fischer5

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
I would like to see which photos I have imported at a few different times. Can I call up a list of previous imports.

Since I have done a lot of work in Apple photos I want to import as much of it as possible. So I use a 2 step process. First I export my photos as Tiff. this gives me my titles and key words. Then I import them into LRC. This process does not work for Favorites so I usually add a KW in apple for all my tagged Favorites.

My problem is that I forgot to add the Kew Word to my tagged Favorite in some of the imports. I would like to go back and Delete those imports from LRC and then reimport them with the "Favorite" Kew word added.

From this point on I will make a collection of each import in LRC with a date in the title. to avoid the problem.

Any thoughts are appreciated

You can sort the grid by date added, while in All Photographs, to view in which order your photos where added to LrC.

You can sort the grid by date added, while in All Photographs, to view in which order your photos where added to LrC.
thank you that helps a lot
A Smart Collection can be created that will be on a creation date or date range or recent period.
Cleo; Is a "Creation Date" referring to when a photo is added to LRC or saved as a new Virtual copy? I assume it is different that the "Capture Date". which I think is the date the photo was originally taken.

From you replies I gather that there is not import history list in LRC.

I assume it is different that the "Capture Date". which I think is the date the photo was originally taken.

Capture date is when your photo was taken, according to the camera's internal clock.

Sorting the grid by Added Order (that's the correct term - I inadvertently referred to it as Date added, in my previous comment) is effectively an Import History list. So the last photo shown in this sort order, is the one that was last imported into LrC, independently of its capture date. We are, of course, viewing the photos within the All Photographs special collection.

Similarly, if you are viewing some other Collection , you can find in which order you added the photos into the Collection (not the catalog), by sorting the grid by Added Order.

thank you that helps a lot

Cleo; Is a "Creation Date" referring to when a photo is added to LRC or saved as a new Virtual copy? I assume it is different that the "Capture Date". which I think is the date the photo was originally taken.

Creation Date and Capture Date are for the most part the date that the image file was recorded by the camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would like to go back and Delete those imports from LRC and then reimport them with the "Favorite" Kew word added.
If you can identify the images you want, you can just add the keyword to them directly in Lightroom - no need to delete them and then import them again, surely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back