• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Crop & Straighten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom classic ver 11.00
Operating System
  1. macOS 12 Monterey
Run into an issue. Trying to straight the horizon in a sunset scene and then crop to a panorama view to exclude too much foreground.
I level the horizon using the Angle tool and select done.
Then go to Aspect tool set custom and try to crop.
a) the original photo appears with the corrected angle view shown as well ,superimposed
b) Unable to crop to anything other than what appears to be the camera 4/3 setting.

Must be going wrong somewhere? Never had an issue with ver 9.3

Any clues

Rob

Have you unlocked the cropping tool to allow a custom aspect ratio to be used?

Like Jim said:
2021-11-12 08_08_22-5-2-2-2-v10-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.png

It has to remain unlocked if you want to crop randomly.

Thanks for the help. I think it best to crop then straighten. So I unlocked padlock set to custom arranged the picture as required and the used the ruler to straighten the horizon. All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back