• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Metadata has vanished Classic 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Owen

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
I upgrade my Classic to 11.0 last week with out any problems, and then went away for the weekend. During the weekend i took around 1000 images and imported them into LR Mobile on my iPad. I’d updated the iPad’s LR to the new version too.

Back home I checked that all images had been uploaded to the cloud and then down to LR-C. It was then I noticed that there was no metadata showing on any of the photos on the right hand metadata panel. More worryingly all previous metadata for all previous photos has also vanished.

I know the metadata is there somewhere as when I go into the develop module the individual images have the camera metadata in the info overlay.

Where’s it all gone? How do I get it back.

Confused of Florida.

New feature in LrC11, in the Metadata panel, is an option to display only the editable metadata items (which are intentionally left blank) in order to allow easier metadata entry. Called "Edit Mode" it is switched on by means of a new icon to the left of the metadata display selector on the Metadata panel header. This screenshot shows the icon when Edit Mode is enabled, but clicking on that icon changes to the more familiar view with all the metadata revealed (and the icon changes to an eyeball):

Screenshot_01_11_2021__23_32.png

Thank you so much Jim. I had clicked on that, but I think before everything had downloaded. Hence …..panic!

Thank you so much again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back