• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Organize my keywords hierarchically

Status
Not open for further replies.

thommy

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 10.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi

I have a looooong flat list of keywords and want to bring some order in the chaos with just a few top " keyword holders".
Like WHO? WHAT? WHERE? etc...
What is the best way to reorganize? Any helpful plugins or tips how to do this?
I rather not want to drag and drop in this loooong list of keywords.

Thanks!!

Thommy

I can think of no other way to make a long list of keyword into a show hierarchal list of keywords. Presumable all of your current keywords are at the lowest child level. I would suggest creating the nested parent child structure and then drag the children into the nested level. You don't need to make this an all encompassing project, just works on a few as needed.
I will point out that if you start working with Lightroom (cloudy) and Lightroom Classic together, that Lightroom (cloudy) does not support a hierarchal list and that keywords are a one way one time process. I have found it best to stick to a flat keyword list in Classic. And this from some one that had an extensive hierarchal list before making use of the Adobe cloud.

When the list is to long it wil not show all keywords because of filesystem limits.
So, most of my keywords i have put in a very simple hierachy, only for practical use; A, B, C, .... Z so there are only 26 toplevel keywords. Those i can browse very easy. And for the rest i'm using the search box on top of the hierchy a lot.

Tip for reorganizing your keywords without painful scrolling while you drag-and-drop: In the Filter Keywords box at the top of the Keyword List panel, enter the keyword you want to drag and the parent keyword you want to drag it to. LR will show just those two keywords (and perhaps some others that also contain the strings you entered), making it much easier to drag-and-drop the keyword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back