• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Moving to a new machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikepbres

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
4.x
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hey everyone,

I think it's time for a new machine. I have an older Mac desktop and it doesn't support a lot of new soft ware features. My images are on an external drive, but my catalog is on the Mac. What is the best way to move the catalog and sync the photos back up on a new machine?

Thanks in advance, Mike

If you are going from an old Mac to a new one, Then the best process is one that Apple recommends Migration Assistant. It is an app in your utility folder. I just used it about a month ago when I got a new M1 iMac.

There is a generic “Moving Lightroom to a New Computer that only deals with Lightroom Files and will move your Lightroom Files from any machine (Windows or otherwise) to the new Computer. I don’t have the link but it is on the Lightroom Queen website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back