• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How Best to Prepare Downloading Creative Cloud Photos to Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamburlaine63

Lightroom Version Number
Adobe Lightroom Classic 10.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hello, I recently changed my Adobe subscription from Lightroom CC to Lightroom Classic, consequently I must download my stored photos from LR CC to either the Mac hard drive, or an external source.
I've read several internet sources regarding this move, some which seem to conflict, and all appear very complex. So I thought I'd try a much better source on this from someone who's mastered what seems to me very complex.
Basically, it seems I have to make either folders or categories to include all photos stored on the Adobe server before dragging them to a new external hard drive.
Thanks for the help on this!

Good news... it's really easy! Just open Lightroom Classic, enable sync from the cloud icon, set the location of your choice in Preferences > Lightroom Sync and let it download. It should pull down the whole cloud contents, including the albums. Off to the top of my head, the only notable bits you'd be missing that way are keywords, people names, album folders (but you can reorganize the albums back into collection sets) and versions.

Good news... it's really easy! Just open Lightroom Classic, enable sync from the cloud icon, set the location of your choice in Preferences > Lightroom Sync and let it download. It should pull down the whole cloud contents, including the albums. Off to the top of my head, the only notable bits you'd be missing that way are keywords, people names, album folders (but you can reorganize the albums back into collection sets) and versions.
And Locations (and presets?).

I'd also set the download location in the Preferences before enabling sync.

Thats just excellent! Both your responses as clarifying as a fine port. This site had been recommended by a photographer I admire on the FujiX forum, and she was right.
I'm not really concerned about keeping the photos particularly organized before downloading, my organization skills have been lax to non-existent, so the real work will begin after I've 'captured' them here.
Many thanks for this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back