• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing iPad LR with LRClassic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmilly

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi

I can see that my lightroom from my iPad, syncs with a folder in LRC. It seems to send the photos to a folder in LRC, my problem is that when I delete photos on my iPad, they don't seem to sync out of the folder in LRC. Is this what it is supposed to do or do I have a problem. I want to delete out of LR and LRC.

thanks

That is what should happen - once Classic is involved in the sync process, it is the master. Delete in Classic if you want to delete everywhere.

Thanks for that informative post John.
To be clear, delete from where in LrC, the Catalog section in the Library Module ”All synced photographs” or from the ”Folders” section the sub-folder where the downloaded original stored?
Is it important to delete from within LrC as opposed to using the OS?

To be clear, delete from where in LrC, the Catalog section in the Library Module ”All synced photographs” or from the ”Folders” section the sub-folder where the downloaded original stored?
You can't delete from All Synced Photographs, you can only remove the image from that collection (which does delete the image from the cloud, but not from LrC). To delete from LrC, easiest way would be by deleting from the actual sub-folder that the image is in.
Is it important to delete from within LrC as opposed to using the OS?
Yes. If you delete using the OS you would end up with a "missing image" in LrC, and the original in the cloud would still be there.

You can't delete from All Synced Photographs, you can only remove the image from that collection (which does delete the image from the cloud, but not from LrC). To delete from LrC, easiest way would be by deleting from the actual sub-folder that the image is in.

Yes. If you delete using the OS you would end up with a "missing image" in LrC, and the original in the cloud would still be there.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back