• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Batch Export prevents further editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandybelly

Lightroom Version Number
LRC 9.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi,

I am using an old MacPro with Mojave OSX and LRC to edit my photos.
I have tried batch export several times and I get a dialog box saying it is preparing to export the files. The files begin to export and I can see the progress bar at the top left of the LR interface. However, this dialog box does not go away and it prevents me from continuing to edit. There is a cancel option, but will that cancel the export?

Today I was exporting images to a Facebook folder and a full-resolution folder for a client and it did it again. Also, after the export was completed, it remained on the screen until I hit "Cancel".
Is there anyone else having this issue?
Should I just hit cancel once the images begin to export and will the export continue?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 13.45.27.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-01 at 13.45.27.png
    47 KB · Views: 114
Not sure if it's related, but I have an old (2009) Macbook running 10.11.6 and LR6. I was not able to upgrade to 10.14.

I found that for panoramas, I can get the preview to work, but when I ask for the merge, it shows the progress bar in the upper left, gets about 3/4 of the way, and does not move. In my case, I know that it's a resource constraint. I only have 2GB of memory. You may want to open the Activity Monitor to see what your resource usage is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back