• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Classic Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob26

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Latest version 9.3 Unable to access for detail
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Unable to open my version of Lightroom Classic. Getting a pop up

Adobe
an error has accured. Sorry Lightroom Classic has encountered an error and needs to close.
Contact customer Support error 205.

Now the exact same problem occurred last week when I tried to open Bridge. I did get some support for that and was told to un-install then install and older version.
don't work so I un-installed Bridge since I don't use it much.
However to run into same issue in Lightroom is not good.
When I investigated error 205 it advised turning off my firewall well it has never been turn on.
I am wondering if my iMac is slowly dying how can I tell if that is the problem? It takes ages to load up now.

An Adobe error 205 can mean the installer is corrupted. I'd uninstall and reinstall, and if that doesn't do the trick, run the CC cleaner and then reinstall.

Spent over an hour on Saturday with Adobe help guy. Ended up with trying a new user account. It worked and Lightroom installed, but not very convenient to have to change over.I will try your way. But first I need to find out about CC Cleaner thats new to me.

OK I have run the cleaner and now I need to reinstall Creative cloud and Lightroom.
Before I do however some advice please.
In view of the age of my iMac (2010) should I install an older version of Lightroom first or just the latest.
I hope to replace in the Autumn but it will need to do till then.

OK I have run the cleaner and now I need to reinstall Creative cloud and Lightroom.
Before I do however some advice please.
In view of the age of my iMac (2010) should I install an older version of Lightroom first or just the latest.
I hope to replace in the Autumn but it will need to do till then.
There is no need to install anything but the latest version of Lightroom Classic. You do know that LrC 9.3 really expects newer hardware and OS. Catalina will not run on your hardware. It will run as you have already discovered, but future version of LrC may not.
For you fortunately "Autumn" is just around the corner. However, "Sunset" is here for your hardware.

Thanks for the help. I seem to have recovered well from this hiccup.Taken whole of the week-end to sort out.
But Lightroom working ok now.
This all started when upgraded Bridge I think so will leave well alone for now.
Have to say the best help came from this Forum I would never have found CC cleaner myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back