• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Syncing or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrJohan

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
For a while I want to clean/scrap/reset all photos from Lightroom(Web) and also stop all ongoing syncing.
So, from Preferences I "Delete all synced data" and from lightroom.adobe.com... I deleted all phots.
Opening Lightroom(Web) I see that no photos are present.
So far, so good!
However, when exiting from LRClassic I am informed that Sync is in progress!

SyncInProgress.JPG

How can I get rid of this syncing?
/BJ

If you still have photos in All Synced Photos then LrC will sync them (you need to delete them from there too - but there and not in the folders else you're deleting actual photos!)

'Delete All Synced Data' will simply reset your sync data and start all over again (as you noticed). To stop syncing images, you need to remove them from 'All Synced Photographs'.
No, "Delete All Synced Data" sends to user off to LRWeb where the option to "Delete Lightroom Library" is found. My reading of the original post is that's exactly what the OP did (hence why LrWeb now shows zero images). The thing is, that mass deletion still has to percolate (via syncing) into Classic, and that will still take some time when 100k+ images are involved. Leaving the application open to allow it to do it's thing (which will involve removing all images from All Synced Photographs) would be the preferred action, with the occasional expansion of the Sync icon to verify that the number of images being synced is decreasing as expected.

If you still have photos in All Synced Photos then LrC will sync them (you need to delete them from there too - but there and not in the folders else you're deleting actual photos!)
The Context menu item in LrC is "Remove from All Synced Photographs". And "Removed" is the operative term. For years , Adobe used "delete" from both the filesystem and collections and this caused confusion and issues. Now the menu item "Remove Photo..." in the folder panel opens a clarification dialog with option to remove from the catalog or Delete from the file system. There can be other options if the photo is in a synched collection to published service.

The option you were thinking of is "Rebuild Sync Data", which you expose by holding down Alt/Opt when on the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab (or as you say, manually delete the sync.lrdata package).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back