• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

More photos showing in mobile than elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Smith

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
5.3 (Arm8)
Operating System
  1. Android
Lr on Android shows All Photos as 15,378. Web, desktop Cloud and Classic all show 14,590. All platforms show up as finished syncing. Before I go uninstalling and reinstalling Lr Android and risking losing the missing photos: do you think the missing 788 photos actually exist? Can you think of a way to check? I could add a keyword to every photo in desktop Cloud and sync it to mobile. But without negative search or invert selection on mobile, I can't think of a way to filter for what doesn't have the keyword. Thanks!

You could add the pick flag to all photos in Lightroom desktop (assuming you don;t use the pick flag for other purposes), wait for that to sync to Android, then filter for unflagged in Android. That should show you the 788 photos which aren't in the cloud....then you have to figure out if they should be in the cloud, or are images which have been removed from the cloud and the removal hasn't synced to Android.

It's more likely that the Android app is in a bit of a state, and a removal/reinstall would almost certainly fix that. But you do need to be certain before doing that.

I didn't use the pick flag to do it because, yes, I'm already using it for something else. But you've reminded me that I had been pondering about changing how I use flags and stars, so now is as good a time as any to do it! I normally keep my shortlist of picks as flagged, then only give a star to anything that's been edited (so flag & no star means "might want to come back and edit this at some point". But I think I'm going to try one star for that, and use flags more as a Cloud replacement for quick collection. Anyway, I'm wittering - thanks for the idea, perfect! :)

It's more likely that the Android app is in a bit of a state, and a removal/reinstall would almost certainly fix that.
Flagging did the trick. Turns out there were 788 screenshots stuck in Lr mobile that I'd deleted either in Classic or Cloud (and then Classic). Roll on the day when Adobe give us an option to only auto add JPEGs from particular folders, not hoover up JPEGs and PNGs from the whole phone :). Thanks for your help, Jim!

I hadn't actually noticed, but the auto-add function on Android is different to that on iOS. Android lumps Jpeg and PNG together in the one option box, whereas iOS has two separate options, one for Jpeg and one for "Screenshots" (i.e. PNG). Hopefully, that's on the Adobe list of things to address in their "convergence" efforts.

I hadn't actually noticed, but the auto-add function on Android is different to that on iOS. Android lumps Jpeg and PNG together in the one option box, whereas iOS has two separate options, one for Jpeg and one for "Screenshots" (i.e. PNG). Hopefully, that's on the Adobe list of things to address in their "convergence" efforts.
Oo I didn't know that about the iOS one. There is hope! Although it wouldn't really solve my problem unless they give me a way not to hoover up everything in the downloads folder and elsewhere. I mostly shoot raws on my phone, so I just leave it auto importing them, and try to remember to manually import the odd JPEG.

You could add the pick flag to all photos in Lightroom desktop (assuming you don;t use the pick flag for other purposes), wait for that to sync to Android, then filter for unflagged in Android. That should show you the 788 photos which aren't in the cloud....then you have to figure out if they should be in the cloud, or are images which have been removed from the cloud and the removal hasn't synced to Android.

It's more likely that the Android app is in a bit of a state, and a removal/reinstall would almost certainly fix that. But you do need to be certain before doing that.
Jim are you available for a telephone natter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back