• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Import presets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I rarely open files using ACR. I created a new import preset using the new ISO Adaptive option LR. I decided to open a file using ACR and it did not apply that preset. I checked ACR preferences and my new preset was not there and I deleted these presets in LR long ago. I thought these days LR and PS worked together automatically. I know it worked when I used the old Default Develop method.

Attachments

• _56-AM.jpg
    _56-AM.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 184
Lightroom and ACR share the same develop (not import) presets. Your screenshot shows that ACR is not using a custom preset, but the camera settings. That doesn't mean anything however, because we can't see what Lightroom uses and we don't know how you called your new preset.

I thought develop presets where gone as in using the Develop Default Presets to set it up. Here is LR and called R Adaptive.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2020-06-17-at-3.54.14-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2020-06-17-at-3.54.14-PM.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 211
Develop presets are still develop presets. Camera defaults are gone. They were replaced by a default develop preset as shown in your screenshots. An import preset is something else. It's a preset that stores settings of the import dialog, such as the destination folder. You set/select them at the bottom center of the import dialog.

I noticed that in Lightroom you have 'Show serial numbers' checked, which means you have a setting for a Canon EOS R camera with a specific serial number. Do you have more than one EOS R camera? If not, setting the default by serial bumber does not make a lot of sense. In ACR you did not check this option, so here you have a preset that applies to every Canon EOS R camera. Maybe that explains the difference. Your ACR screenshot shows the contents of the User Presets groups, but that 'R Adaptive' preset may be stored in another group.

You've got store presets with catalog checked, so ACR doesn't have access to the preset.

Yes. If you uncheck the option to store the presets with the catalog, then Lightroom will start using the ones in the CameraRaw/Settings folder again. It will not move any custom presets you made in Lightroom however, so you will have to do that manually.

I re-started LR/PS and since unchecking the old presets showed up in LR which I deleted.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back