• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Importing from a San Disk Memory Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

crnpro

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
I'm new to Photography and to Adobe Lightroom CC. My question is as follows:

My photos were taken in Nikon Raw but they uploaded in Jpeg. How can I change the import settings?
Many of the articles on this subject relate to Lightroom Classic. I have not been able to find it for Lightroom CC

Thanks in advance,
Chuck

How do you know they were imported as JPEG? Clicking on the Information button {i} will show the file name with file extension. If they are not NEF, then How did you import them? Could you possibly have the camera set up to record both NEF and JPG?

I checked my Nikon D750 settings and it is set for NEF (RAW) I just plugged the card in and selected import. When I select (i) it states full size out put Jpeg

OK I have not recently imported to Lightroom Cloudy on MacOS. Let me do that you familiarize my self with its import compared to Lightroom on my iPad. Stay tuned

OK I have not recently imported to Lightroom Cloudy on MacOS. Let me do that you familiarize my self with its import compared to Lightroom on my iPad. Stay tuned
In Lightroom v3.2.1, I import by inserting the camera card into the card reader and choosing the {Add Photos} option from Adobe Lightroom {File} menu I have to navigate to mt camera card and select the DCOM folder to choose the folder that contains my image files . This is not like Lightroom Classic that opens the import dialog when you insert a camera card into the card reader. And there is not instant recognition of the card reader like when I import from my iPadPro. Next I need to click on the {Review for Import} button and thumbnails of all of my images that folder are displayed each clearly says [NEF] in the lower left corner. Once selected, the files are added to Lightroom (cloudy). Clicking on the {I} button exposes the "Info" panel which once again affirms the filetype as a NRF and displays the full file name including the NEF extension.

So, help me out here. How does your import workflow differ from what I described? And Jim's request is helpful. Can you supply screen shot of the Info panel from one of these Images . Lightroom Cloudy always imports the original file that you point the {Add Photos} dialog to. Unlike Lightroom Classic, there is no option to convert to DNG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back