• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Develop module Change of Sliders in Basic Panel when Lightroom Presets are used

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohnst

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 9.2.1.
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Recently I was looking how certain presets will effect my photos. I was surprised when I saw that all the presets under "lightroom presets" changed the sliders of the basic panel back into a very old form ("exposure/recovery/fill light/blacks/brightness/contrast /clarity/vibrance/saturation" instead of the actual: "exposure/contrast/highlights/shadows/whites/blacks/texture/clarity/dehaze/vibrance/saturation"). This does not happen with the other given presets or the user presets.
What might be the reason for this behavior? Is there an explanation?
OOOps! To get the names right for this blog I changed the language from German to English - there I have no folder with "Lightroom presets" within the presets-panel. (!) But also my "user presets" are missing at all! How can THAT be? I guess this things should not be language-dependent? Is there something wrong with my catalogue?

I do not use presets so often, and usually those that I have created myself, so it is not a major problem, but I would be happy to understand what is going on!
Many thanks, Andrea

Presets can select an old process version, which would explain why they changed. Question is, what are these presets and where did they come from?

IIRC, they're a hangover from earlier LR versions (LR2/3) which somehow were still picked up when the new Presets system was introduced. I definitely had them on my Window10 system (I think this is a Windows-only issue), and in fact commented about it on the other forum. I can't remember how I got rid of them, if it comes back to me I'll post here.

Actually I don´t know. It is as if they had been there all the time (I am working in German usually). They lie in an extra folder beneath the other presets, at the end is my user presets folder. I really cannot remember that I should have saved a third party collection of LR presets - but I don´t trust my memory in every case.....
Thanks Jim Wild - I just got your reply before I posted my answer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-25 13.45.24klein.PNG
    Screenshot 2020-05-25 13.45.24klein.PNG
    859.1 KB · Views: 170
Open the Preset file in a text file reader. You will see a set of process instructions . It may even include one labeled "ProcessVersion". These Instruction names correspond to the names of the instruction adjustments depending upon the Process Version used . If it does not have one labeled "ProcessVersion", then the Process Version might be detected from the Instruction name. For example Process version 1 has an adjustment called "FillLight". This does not exist in Process version 5 but has been replaced by "HighLights" or "Whites" or both.

I just opened some of this bunch of presets - all showed the process version 5.7, so I presume that this will be the same for all of them. Should I delete the whole group?

o.K. there is something strange: the xmp.file tells it´s version 5.7. But when I click on the preset to apply it the actual process version on the right side under "calibration" changes to version 2 (and so do the sliders of the basic panel.) . I add the screenshot and the xmp of the applied preset as txt.
Is this of any interest or help?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-05-25 21.25.50klein.PNG
    Screenshot 2020-05-25 21.25.50klein.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 160
  • Kreativ (SW) - Cremeton.xmp
    3.4 KB · Views: 171
That’s simple. There are two different ways to describe the same version. Lightroom simply has 1 to 5, but internally these versions have different numbers. The internal number of the current version is '11.0', while Lightroom will show '5'.

That’s simple. There are two different ways to describe the same version. Lightroom simply has 1 to 5, but internally these versions have different numbers. The internal number of the current version is '11.0', while Lightroom will show '5'.
Lightroom 5.7 will know nothing about Process versions created after LR5.7 was released but LR 9.2.1 will understand and handle all up to Process version 11.0 (displayed as "5")
It shows two values
crs:Version="10.3"
crs: ProcessVersion="5.7"
The first is the LR internal version corresponding to LR5.7. The Second us the designate of process version displayed as "2"

Thanks for the explanations - for my practice I understand that this presets belong to older versions of LR , however they made their way along with the new versions. The behavior is somehow confusing for me, so I will delete this group of presets. I will come back if there is any problem with this action.
Have a good day, Andrea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back