• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Allow access requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColMac9090

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Not sure if this is the right forum, so please accept apols if wrong.

I use Classic and have put up several albums which I have shared (Invite Only) to selected family members.

Under Settings however, I'm confused by the "Allow access requests" option

In the help file, I see the following
  • Allow access requests This setting is selected by default to let people request access to view your shared photos.
But if I have allowed access only by invite, what is the relevance of this option?

Unless you have an invite you cannot see the relevant page, so how could anyone request access?

Thanks

It's to cater for those situations whereby someone gets hold of the URL, e.g. a person that you've invited passes it on to someone else. That "someone else" would get the following message when they attempt to access the album (if you've checked the "Allow Access Requests" option):

Capture.JPG

If they click on the "Request Access" button, you will receive an email notification, with a link to the album's settings. That link will open the album's Share & Invite dialog in a browser, and there'll be the option to accept or deny the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back