Where to go from LR 5.7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max T H

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am currently using LR 5.7 and I'd like to move forward, i think that the only way to go from here is a subscription based Lightroom.
I currently have a folder based structure that is populated by 40000+ photographs. I populate this structure from the camera and then import from here into Lightroom using the "add" option. I would like to maintain this for the foreseeable future.
Could anyone offer me some advice me on which Lightroom option to choose please?

The successor to LR 5.7 is called LR Classic abut is currently at v 9.2.
The best plan for you would be the photographer’s plan at ~$10 USD per month. It includes LR Classic, Lightroom (the cloud version),10GB of cloud storage for Lightroom and Photoshop. LR Classic will convert your LR 5.7 to the v9.2 structure and you are in business with little to no learning curve. You can see how Lightroom (cloudy) and Photoshop can fit into your work flow later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you have the software downloaded and installed, the migration from 5.7 should not be complicated. I remember when I moved from 5.7 to Classic and they look extremely similar. You should feel at home, but with a few more new tools that come with the Creative Cloud subscription.

Good luck,

--Ken

Thanks very much for the responses, they are very helpful.
I assume, that the migration to Classic will not affect my folder based structure at all.

Cheers,
Max

Thanks very much for the responses, they are very helpful.
I assume, that the migration to Classic will not affect my folder based structure at all.

Cheers,
Max
Not at all. Once converted to the 9.2 structure, your catalog will look and behave as it did in 5.7. Your learning curve is minimal and focus mostly on taking advantage of the many new features added since 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back