• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lock Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne007

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hello,
Does LR have a method to lock photos such that they cannot be deleted or edited unless said photos are unlocked? I can see this question has been asked many times (and so long ago), yet I can't determine if the answer to the question has changed.

Thank you -

Welcome to the forums!

No, Lr doesn't. If you tell it to delete, it'll ask if you mean Remove (from the Lr Catalog) or totally Delete from Disk (see page 116 of your Classic book) but if you tell it to delete from disk, it does as it's told. You could change the user permissions in the OS for certain photos, but that's a bit long-winded and rather heavy-handed.

Why are you wanting to do this? Perhaps we can offer other solutions.

I use color labels for all of my images and one color is for published images that are complete and another color are for those deemed important and not published. It is easy to see the color at a glance and a warning (in my mind) goes off when I go through the delete process and I see red or yellow labels

Thank you for all the responses!

The reason I want to somehow lock a photo is so I don't accidentally delete a photo that I want to save.

I like the idea of using the color labels, at least until I get a chance to look at the value/expense/hassle of the plug-ins. Thank you!

The plugin mentioned (from Jeffrey Friedl) is 'donationware' so you can make a payment of any amount to him via PayPal. The resulting PayPal transaction ID is your plugin registration code, good until your Lightroom serial number changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back