• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Crop wants to delete photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobR

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 9.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
Windows 7 64bit - was using LR4.4 - but did nothing much for 3 years. Updated last week to Classic about 5 days ago, For the first 3 days - I got random locklups 1 or 2 times a day, but was able to delete files.

NEW PROBLEM
select a raw photo - press o several times to se the crop patter - when I get to the last - it wants to delete the master photograph - two times

I tend to agree with Roelof. While, WIn7 is still supported for LR, it won't be for long. I'm sure Adobe will want to drop that OS version when Microsoft drops extended support in January ending all support for Win7.

How Much RAM do you have on your computer with the problems it has. Also how much freespace on C: for Lightroom to create temporary files ?

A very strange problem and most likely affiliated to your specific system. Why not upgrade to a more recent OS?
Don't like Windows 10 - and I'm in no rush to switch - also suspect a lot of my apps wont like win 10

I'm planning getting a new computer, clone my existing system [with Windows 10] and test my apps one at a time.

This could take 2 months.

Also I'm actually still running WIn XP under a virtual machine. And also running DOS.

I tend to agree with Roelof. While, WIn7 is still supported for LR, it won't be for long. I'm sure Adobe will want to drop that OS version when Microsoft drops extended support in January ending all support for Win7.

How Much RAM do you have on your computer with the problems it has. Also how much freespace on C: for Lightroom to create temporary files ?

16 Gig

C: has 390 Gig

Also a couple of days ago Lightroom said it had to upgrade itself- even though I did that a days ago. After that neither problem occured until the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back