• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Keyboard Shortcuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zenon

Did you turn it off and on again?
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
I'm aware of Victoria's blog about them. I'm trying to create one but I first need to disable one of the Apple shortcuts. Here is the list of Apple shortcuts. I'd like to disable Command X.

Mac keyboard shortcuts

I have been searching but I can't find the answer. It says to access keyboard shortcuts and uncheck the one/s you don't want. I went through them all but Command X is not there. I've done it before so it can be done. Just haven't been able to hit the correct link in my searches.

Hmm, I doubt that you can completely disable it as it is pretty central to every Mac editing flow. But you might be able to override it by assigning it to a different action in the application settings.

-louie

I did it for years using Jeffery Friedl's plugin-ins on two devices. CMD Z opened Personalized Auto Tone and CMD X opened Bulk Developer. I stopped using Personalized Auto Tone when in version 8 Adobe corrected the Sensei's messed up contrast settings. New iMac, new version of Bulk Developer and Catalina all in one week.

I think clean install of Catalina and on the new iMac is the cause. It is still working on my laptop which has been running Catalina for a few weeks. I got that to work when High Sierra was the OS. LR 9 is running on it as well.

I always write instructions/links down for this stuff. I was doing some cleaning for the new iMac and I may have erased it.

I figured it out. It kept gnawing at me and the that old coconut on my shoulders finally remembered. You leave 3 spaces in front of the menu title. It didn't work right away but I tried it a few times and restarted LR. Working now. I have a feeling Victoria may have suggested this in one of her blogs. I could be wrong bit I do know that this info is very hard find out there.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2019-12-05-at-2.54.22-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2019-12-05-at-2.54.22-PM.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 158
I just tried it on the MacBook Air. I typed in the menu title with the 3 spaces and the 3 dots at the end and it worked without restarting LR.

Yes I did a search and found that last night and I'm pretty sure I read it a few years ago. I didn't see a reference to the 3 spaces before the text to override Apple shortcuts. I don't know where I found that. I looked for weeks and couldn't find it. I had the same issue a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back