• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Light room Classic and SmugMug

Status
Not open for further replies.

mylesvk

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
  2. iOS
Anyone else have any problems with Smugmug ? I have discovered so far 5 or 6 galleries published to smugmug that no longer appear in my lightroom ( V 9.0 ). All the photos in all the galleries appear in the loupe view across the bottom but not on top in grid view under published photos. Any help or thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

There are some third party plugin issues with V9 (this may be one of them). Also, I think it is premature to upgrade to Catalina just yet. I'm waiting until Apple issues some incremental updates and Adobe speaks confidently about running v9 with Catalina.

I haven't seen that. I'm on latest LR, but still on Mojave on my Mac. Latest SM plugin. I'll pay more attention to what's in my publish collections and see if anything pops up.

I haven't seen that. I'm on latest LR, but still on Mojave on my Mac. Latest SM plugin. I'll pay more attention to what's in my publish collections and see if anything pops up.
I'm still on Mojave too and v9 is not complaining. I suspect Adobe spent most of their testing time os Mojave since Catalina Betas were not available until late in this version testing process.
My system Preference keeps reminding me that I have an OS update (Catalina) available.

This is going to be a problem when OS upgrades coincide with major App upgrades. Both happened pithing weeks/days of each other.

I am on windows and have not noticed anything.

If the images are there (e.g. showing in one view not the other) that sounds more like Adobe than the plugin itself. The plugin moves images in and out, but largely Adobe manages content and display of it. But Smugmug is pretty responsive to help requests for its plugin, you might document the issue and send off to them ([email protected]). At worst you might find out if they are getting similar complaints from others.

So what happens if you put up the grid display AND the filmstrip at the same time, they are inconsistent?

And (sorry, have to ask)... you are sure it's not a un-expanded grouping? Published collections have multiple sections and if you click on one it collapses to a thin grey bar and hides photos inside.

bars.jpg

I'm still on Mojave too and v9 is not complaining. I suspect Adobe spent most of their testing time os Mojave since Catalina Betas were not available until late in this version testing process.
My system Preference keeps reminding me that I have an OS update (Catalina) available.

This is going to be a problem when OS upgrades coincide with major App upgrades. Both happened pithing weeks/days of each other.

Try the following commands in a terminal window. It will still show the Catalina upgrade, but hitting update will only do Mojave updates.

sudo softwareupdate --ignore “macOS Catalina”

When you are ready to update:
sudo softwareupdate --reset-ignored

Thanks for the Sudo tip. I think I will leave it as is (a red 1 circle) in system preferences. As I really want to update as soon as I know that there are not major Lightroom Classic glitches.

AFAIK, an MacOS upgrade wil never take place automatically. The upgrade will show, but not proceed all by itself, no matter what your settings are. Only automatic updates will be carried out without user intervention.

AFAIK, an MacOS upgrade wil never take place automatically. The upgrade will show, but not proceed all by itself, no matter what your settings are. Only automatic updates will be carried out without user intervention.

I’m a happy camper for over a week now. Annoyed but happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back