• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

IPhone Cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LRCC Latest
Operating System
  1. iOS
After an intensive period of editing photos in Lightroom on my IPhone I got a message that my storage was almost full. I went into Lightroom and cleared the cache which recovered about 12GB. But under Local Storage it still says that there are 33,554,432.00 TB of Cached Files :eek: This sounds quite a lot to me (if these are Terra-bytes !). See attached. My IPhone itself tells me that Lightroom is taking up around 9GB.

Any ideas what is going on with these cached files and is there anyway to reduce the 9GB.
IMG_4490.PNG

IMG_4491.PNG

Last edited:
Did you just use the global "Clear Cache" option in the Settings menu? If you've got "store locally" enabled for any of your albums, they won't be affected by that option unless you disable the store locally option and then do the Clear Cache again. If you know which albums you were editing it, trying using the local album-specific clear cache option as you would have downloaded originals for those images.

Did you just use the global "Clear Cache" option in the Settings menu? If you've got "store locally" enabled for any of your albums, they won't be affected by that option unless you disable the store locally option and then do the Clear Cache again. If you know which albums you were editing it, trying using the local album-specific clear cache option as you would have downloaded originals for those images.
None of the Albums have the "store locally" button activated and I used the global "Clear Cache" initially and then checked the "local cache" against each album. However, the global one seemed to clear everything out.

So assuming the Cache is really cleared and no albums are stored locally what is taking up the 9GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back