• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How To Import Images From iPhoto into Lightroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikapoo

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic CC version 8.2
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I have many images in iPhoto that I would like to import into Lightroom. I've tried exporting them from iPhoto, onto an external hard drive, then importing them into Lightroom. I've had some success with some images, but lately I'm getting an error message and the images will not import into Lr. I have Lightroom Classic CC v 8.2 and am using a MacBook Pro purchased in 2017, with Mojave as the current upgrade.

What does the error message say?...

There are only 8 files on the drive, none of which imported. In the past, I've been able to import several thousand, but lately the majority won't import. These 8 were just for demonstration purposes in order to generate the error message.
Kathleen
Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 1.11.19 PM.png

Is the colon something that came from iPhoto? I haven't done anything to the files, just exported them from iPhoto. Is there anything that can be done to correct the file names?
Kathleen

Sorry...I didn't look carefully. What shows in the screen shot is my description of the photo. I added this. It seems possible that I can change the description and eliminate the offending colon!
Kathleen

Sorry...I didn't look carefully. What shows in the screen shot is my description of the photo. I added this. It seems possible that I can change the description and eliminate the offending colon!
Kathleen

These are the file names and the names were assigned after you added them to iPhoto (if you took them with an iPhone/iPad Camera or imported them into a Mac from a digital camera. You will need to rename them. You can do this in Finder and then you should be able to import them into Lightroom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back