• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Re-install Lr6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

John McGuire

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
6.x
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hope this is the correct area to post this. I recently had a HD crash, so I had to re-install Lr 6.0 (perpetual) using OS Window 10 64bit. Before the crash I had downloaded an update that put me at Lr6.14, so I tried to do an update to my new installation and it doesn't show the update. Also, even though I've registered Lr, when I access my account on Adobe's site it doesn't show my Lr only my Elements 13.

Hi John. As long as you've got the serial number, the download from here should work: Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps
Thanks Victoria, if I do this will it still be a considered a perpetual license I am so confused by all the versions of Lr. I see there is a Lr Classic 8.4 and one called Lightroom 2.4.1. What is the difference between these. I really would like to have the latest version but I can't aford a monthly subscription on a fixed income.

Last edited:
Thanks Victoria, if I do this will it still be a considered a perpetual license I am so confused by all the versions of Lr. I see there is a Lr Classic 8.4 and one called Lightroom 2.4.1. What is the difference between these. I really would like to have the latest version but I can't aford a monthly subscription on a fixed income.
LR Classic 8.4.x is the subscription successor to LR 6.14. The Link that Victoria supplied has a direct link to version 6.x. This is the one that you want to retain your perpetual license.

Lightroom 2.4.1 is the cloud based version of Lightroom available as a subscription only. Lightroom Classic 8.4 and everything between LR6.14 and Lightroom Classic 8.4 is available as a subscription only.

Knowing myself the impact of a fixed income, it becomes a matter of priorities. A Netflix subscription is about the same price as a Lightroom Subscription and there are a lot of people that spend more on coffee/cigarettes per week than on a monthly Adobe Subscription. If you are really interested in getting the next subscription model, you might look closer at your budget and see if there are other monthly fees that are not returning the value that a LR subscription might.

That is unusual. I don't see any other LR choices other than LR6 when I open that link.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 178
That is unusual. I don't see any other LR choices other than LR6 when I open that link.
That's correct - it's legacy versions. And although it says LR6 it is 6.14.

My bad. I thought the OP was referring to that link in post 3.

LR Classic 8.4.x is the subscription successor to LR 6.14. The Link that Victoria supplied has a direct link to version 6.x. This is the one that you want to retain your perpetual license.

Lightroom 2.4.1 is the cloud based version of Lightroom available as a subscription only. Lightroom Classic 8.4 and everything between LR6.14 and Lightroom Classic 8.4 is available as a subscription only.

Knowing myself the impact of a fixed income, it becomes a matter of priorities. A Netflix subscription is about the same price as a Lightroom Subscription and there are a lot of people that spend more on coffee/cigarettes per week than on a monthly Adobe Subscription. If you are really interested in getting the next subscription model, you might look closer at your budget and see if there are other monthly fees that are not returning the value that a LR subscription might.

Budgeting can be tough. Just to add to Clee's post a website is also included wiht the package where you can download individual photos or collections to it. Great way to share photos with family, etc.

https://portfolio.adobe.com/
In case you are thinking about it I took a screen shot of all the apps and services you get with the Photo Plan.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpeg
    Untitled.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 168

Thanks Cletus for the explanation on the Lr versions. If I was more than a casual Lr user, I might spring fora subscription version, however I simply can't justify the cost, yeah $9.99 is really reasonable but it adds up over time. I take fewer than 300 pictures a year and actually only process 5 to 10% of those. I use Lr more for the catalog capabilities than processing.

Again thanks for the explanation.

If you are only processing 30 images a year maybe consider using your manufacturers proprietary developer when you can’t use LR6 any longer. Free and always up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back