• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Add photos to shaed album

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krusty

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hello, I just came back from a trip and I wonder : Before the august update, I would set my star and flag filters and it automatically shared the photos I wanted (flagged and >= 2 stars) as I added them to the album.
I usually upload my photos every evening when I travel. How do I add photos to a shared album since this update ?

Hi Krusty. I've just been filtering the flagged/starred photos after I do a bunch of rating, and then selecting all of the visible photos and going to copy to... the shared album. Any that are already there are ignored, so it just adds any new ones.

Where can I find the copy to... the shared album ? I am on desktop.

What I want to achieve is add photos to an already existing shared album.
The method in the post above is to create a new album. I am trying to find the "Copy to... shared album" Victoria talks about above.

What I want to achieve is add photos to an already existing shared album.
The method in the post above is to create a new album. I am trying to find the "Copy to... shared album" Victoria talks about above.
Select the images, right-click on the shared album, click on "Add xx Photos to Album....".

Does it mean that I will have to create 2 albums for each trip : 1 where I put all the photos and another one where I put the photos I want to share ?

You can create "ad-hoc" shares from any selection of images, whether they are in another shared album or not....but the ability to restrict an existing share by ratings/flags has recently been removed, pending some upcoming changes. So if you want to put all your trip images into a dedicated album, but only share some of them, then yes that would effectively mean creating 2 albums. I tend to only create an album to include the images to be shared....if I don't want to share them I don't bother putting them into an album.

I think removing features is worst thing that a company like Adobe can do. Why didn't they do all the changes at once. Now we have to wait 2 to 3 months for the new feature.

Does it mean that I will have to create 2 albums for each trip : 1 where I put all the photos and another one where I put the photos I want to share ?
I call it "Slice and dice". Each "album" is a different view of all of the images in your inventory. It matters not what bucket you put an image in or what you call that bucket.

6 month ago Adobe removed the ability to restrict an existing share by ratings/flags "due to some upcoming changes". That must be a very big change.
I still have to create 2 albums for each of my trip.

Where are the upcoming changes Adobe ?

Where are the upcoming changes Adobe ?
Adobe's not generally reading here, but they were low level changes on which to build future functionality, so yes, big changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back