• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Favorite/recent sources menu - alternative way to access it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prbimages

Lightroom Guru
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 8.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I really like the concept of the favorite/recent sources menu which lives on the "breadcrumb bar" above the filmstrip. It allows you to quickly move between recent folders and collections, and to build a "favorites" list as well.

BUT, I hate having the filmstrip open. I find it immensely distracting, so most of the time I keep it hidden (by toggling the F6 key). Unfortunately, for some reason, the favorite/recent sources menu only seems to be accessible when the filmstrip is open. Is that correct? I would love to be able to navigate around my folders and collections without opening up the filmstrip. Am I missing some other way of accessing the favorite/recent sources menu?

(It seems to me that this menu should be accessible via either the filter bar or the toolbar; why only on the filmstrip? Seems like a strange design choice ...)

Hi

You can. Hit 'T' (with or without the Filmstrip showing) and it'll appear.

No, that doesn't work. The toolbar toggles but there is no favorite/recent sources menu on the toolbar.

No, it's only in the filmstrip.

No, that doesn't work. The toolbar toggles but there is no favorite/recent sources menu on the toolbar.
My Apologies, I mis-understood.

One other thought is that you can easily filter the Folders and Collections panel:

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 13.14.40.png

I would have thought that it wouldn't be too hard for Adobe to add the individual favourite folders to this list.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back