• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Printing same PSD from Lightroom and Photoshop gives different results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell Banks

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
I’m trying to implement Jeff Schewe's process of using Lightroom to print Photoshop PSDs, but the same file printed from the two apps doesn’t look the same.

In the attached photo, the left image was printed from Photoshop, and the right from Lightroom. The Lightroom version is slightly darker, but the big difference is Lightroom's loss of shadow detail in the blue swim trunks at bottom, and especially the increase in their blue saturation.

Using an iMac, profiled with i1 Profiler, and an Epson 3880. All of Lightroom's develop settings are zeroed, and Print Adjustment is unchecked.

Both LR and PS are printing with the same standard Epson Premium Luster profile. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Russell

IMG_0339.jpg

Hi Russell

In Lightroom Print Module, what have you got Color Management set to? Managed by Printer?

Could it be the difference between Lightroom's Melissa RGB and whatever policies you've selected in Photoshop?

Paul put me on the right track. I found the LR print profile was set for Epson Enhancedd Matte, instead of the Premium Luster I was using. Both profile names start with "Epson Stylus Pro 3880..." so you can’t see which unless you click the pop-up menu. Thanks to you, Paul, and John for your suggestions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back