• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Lens profile exists, shown in Library but not in Develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelp

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi - I recently took some photos in my Pentax K5 in full auto mode, and they are thus all JPG.
In Lr in the Library module, the lens information is correctly shown, but in the Develop module, unlike with DNG files, it has to be selected manually.
However, the lens (an smc DA) is not in the available lenses list, indeed no smc lenses appear in the list.
How to I get my smc lens into the list?
Screen shots below:

Library module, correct lens shown:

Develop module, no smc lenses in list:

For fellow sufferers here is a link showing you how to create JPG lens profiles:
https://betterfamilyphotos.blogspot.com/2010/12/lightroom-creating-jpeg-lens-correction.html
On a Mac the Adobe lens and camera profiles are well hidden:
Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom X/Right-click Show Package Contents/Resources/Camera Profiles
Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom X/Right-click Show Package Contents/Resources/Lens Profiles

Save your custom lens and camera profiles in the Library (hold down Option then choose Library from the Go menu in Finder to see these folders)

Actually the instructions in the link above are not correct. This is how I got it to work.
  1. Copy the required lens correction file from Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom X/Right-click Show Package Contents/Resources/Lens Profiles to Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/Pentax
  2. Rename the file dropping the RAW ending: e.g. PENTAX (smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL[IF] DC WR) - RAW.lcp becomes PENTAX (smc PENTAX-DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 ED AL[IF] DC WR).lcp
  3. Open the file in text editor and unlock
  4. Use Edit | Find to locate and DELETE the tag <stCamera:CameraRawProfile>False</stCamera:CameraRawProfile>
  5. Use Edit | Find | Find and Replace to replace the string CameraRawProfile="True" with CameraRawProfile="False"
  6. Save the file and relaunch Lightroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back