• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

multiple migrations for photos app

Status
Not open for further replies.

emesewe

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Version 2.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. iOS
I would like to migrate from photos app now. But then i would like to able to use the Photos app to automatically capture iPhone images and then migrate again after the passage of time. I would like to be able to do this several times
Is this possible???
Thanks for your time.

Adobe Developed a migration Plug-In for Aperture and iPhotos. It does not work with the newer Photos app. And it does not work with the cloudy version of Lightroom.

Most people removed the Photos app from Start up and do not use iCloud for photos. You can use the mobile version of Lightroom on your mobile device and this will automatically add any mobile device photo in your mobile Lightroom to the cloud. and your Mac

There is a migration tool for LR Cloudy, but it is supposed to be a one-time deal. As of 2.3, it can be run multiple times, in case it didn't complete properly the first time. However, running it multiple times to add extra photos is not a tested scenario, so you may end up with duplicates or accidentally overwriting metadata, so I wouldn't recommend doing that.

If you do want to import from Photos multiple times, I'd start a fresh Photos Library after each migration, so each library is only being imported once. Or better still, as Clee suggested, I'd install the LR app on your phone and let that auto import photos from your camera roll, as that app is designed for that purpose.

No, the cloudy one is for the current Photos app, whereas Classic can't handle Photos, just iPhoto.

No, the cloudy one is for the current Photos app, whereas Classic can't handle Photos, just iPhoto.
Good to know. I always wondered why Adobe never updated their plug-in to work with Photos rather than just iPhoto and Aperture. I suppose one could use LR Cloudy to extract the images from the Photos app storing the image files locally then import into LR Classic the images migrated from the Photos app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back