• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Greyed Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rwentzel

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Using LR.14
Some of my images in my collections are greyed out. If I open them they become normal and I can edit them . When returned to the collection they once again become greyed out.
What is happening ?

Sounds like your previews cache may be corrupted. Open your Lightroom catalog folder and move the ‘Catalogname Previews.lrdata’ oit of this folder. Start Lightroom. Initially all your previews will now be greyed out, but then Lightroom will start to rebuild them one by one. If all goes as expected, you can trash the old previews.

As Johan said, it's in the same folder as your catalogue. Your catalogue is named something.lrcat. The previews will be named something.Previews.lrdata.

Or, they are marked with an "unpick" flag - that little flag with an x in it. When that is checked the photos are greyed out in grid mode but when opened in normal, full screen or develop mode they appear normally.

Yes that's what I meant, I was just having a senior moment and was too lazy to open LR to find the real name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back