• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Slideshow/ collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ira

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Cc 8.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
Hi
I finally use the 8.1 version, but struggling with creating a new slideshow. I just made one using all photos in the strip... last night I tried to make another one by selecting a few slides (90) from a collection of over 4,000- I followed all the recommended steps- but after giving it a different name, it went back to the collection of the 4,000... does this mean that I need to create separate files/ collection before I move it Into slide show...??

In the dialog when you gave it another name, there's a checkbox that says "include used photos" (or similar). I suspect that was unchecked, so it included all 4000 in the current view. Creating a separate collection first would be another way of avoiding it.

Thank you. Don’t remember seeing it.
I think I should take the time and divide all the thousands mixed photos into separate titles ... I hope I will be able to..... do I create a Name first in Titles?? How do I move those photos I choose into the new Title ...??
Thanks for your help.

Hi ira,

When you say "Titles" are you really referring to the Collection "Name" or something else?

If you are referring to the "Titles" tab in the right panel of the Slideshow Module that has nothing do to with the name of the slideshow. This are simply a way to add a simple Title page to the slide show.

A saved slideshow is a special form of a Lightroom collection. A slide show collection is saved and gets a name when you click the "Create Saved Slideshow" button on the top tool bar of the Slideshow Module. A saved slideshow has all the selected images as well as all the settings you make in the tabs of the right panel. It is stored in a special "Slideshow" collection in the Collections tab of the left panel.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back