• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Where are presets stored on Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnNewman

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom CC version: 1.4
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
Hello, I've just imported about a dozen sets of older presets, including several purchased sets, that I previously used on older versions of Lightroom. I'd been keeping them in a separate folder in my Pictures folder on my HD and now want to delete this old folder. I've been checking and, although they are successfully imported to LRCC, I can't see where they are kept. I've checked (as far as I can see) the Application Support folder in Library but no joy. I presume LRCC has copied them somewhere but want to be sure before irretrievably deleting the old versions. Anyone know please?
Thanks, John.

LR CC stores them in the cloud and keeps a local cache in the Lightroom Library.lrlibrary along with the local cache of the cloud database and photos. If you go rummaging in that package, you can find them in the settings subfolder, but they're given alphanumeric names, so you'd have a hard time figuring out which was which. As long as you can see them in the Presets panel in LRCC, it's got them.

Ah, thank you so much. Guess it makes sense of the whole package being in the cloud so to speak. Am I right in thinking that with the latest updates they are XMP files? Just wondering as when I try to export one, it seems to do it as such rather than the original lrtemplate file? Not that it matters I suppose!

Yes, with the release of LRCC 1.3 and LR Classic 7.3, the preset format changed to xmp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back