• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Online Lightroom Collection for rating

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaios

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
CC
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Dear all,
I have very rarely used the online lightroom catalogues and I wanted to ask your help related to the following question.
I would like to upload a Collection that me and a client of mine can use for rating. Is it possible for a collection to have two types of ratings?
Can someone that I share the link with them be able to rate the pictures?

Thanks a lot
Alex

You would have to get the client to like or comment on the pictures. Or share your Adobe account login and password with them (!).

Ok so I can do the stars rating and the client can use the like attribute. Can you short pictures on lightroom with likes as well?

I guess sharing means making the collection public. Who can see this gallery? Only people having the link? Can they also delete the photos for my pc after syncing?
It also looks like that I can not see the stars.

Thanks
Alex

I guess sharing means making the collection public. Who can see this gallery? Only people having the link?
Yes, only the people who you send the link can see the collection.

Can they also delete the photos for my pc after syncing?
No, when you send them the public link, they can not delete your photo's

great thanks.! So the "public" setting is not so public anymore :) I wanted to ask you also related to the star and like ratings. I do not see on the online version the stars and on my lightroom the capability to sort my photos with the likes.

Can you help me with that?
Alex

In the grid view of an album in LRCC for Web, click on the "eye" icon top right, and select "Show Badge Overlays". That'll show you the ratings on each thumbnail.

Regarding Comments and Likes, what app are you using to try to view them? AFAIK, Lightroom Classic gives you some help with this (you can sort by "Last Comment Time"), but I don't thing LRCC desktop gives you any help at all. With LRCC Web you can step through each image looking for the Like/Comment number at bottom left. Best app for this is LRCC for iOS (maybe Android as well) which gives you the option to show Likes/Comments badges on the thumbnails in the Grid view, so an easy "at a glance" view.

Thanks a lot I will give it a try... I need a system where I can find the photos that are liked. Regards Alex

In the grid view of an album in LRCC for Web, click on the "eye" icon top right, and select "Show Badge Overlays". That'll show you the ratings on each thumbnail.

Regarding Comments and Likes, what app are you using to try to view them? AFAIK, Lightroom Classic gives you some help with this (you can sort by "Last Comment Time"), but I don't thing LRCC desktop gives you any help at all. With LRCC Web you can step through each image looking for the Like/Comment number at bottom left. Best app for this is LRCC for iOS (maybe Android as well) which gives you the option to show Likes/Comments badges on the thumbnails in the Grid view, so an easy "at a glance" view.

thanks is the badge overlay the best we can do. I would like for example to see also all pictures that have only two stars. Is that possible?
Alex

Yes. Click on the Filter icon at the right-hand end of the Search box, top centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back