• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Dark mode now has a single preference for the whole site! It's a simple toggle switch in the bottom right-hand corner of any page. As it uses a cookie to store your preference, you may need to dismiss the cookie banner before you can see it. Any problems, please let us know!

Forum software upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any way to tell what software they use if they don't show it, like here at the very bottom?
Such as -- is that copyright notice at the bottom hard-coded into this forum software, or is it configurable whether to show it or not?

Never mind - I found a workaround. Apparently it's those Drag-Select Link Text extensions in combination with "Enable Right Click and Copy" extension. I white listed this site in the latter extension, and now hitting any of the editor's toolbar buttons behaves as they should. That latter extension just isn't needed for this site anyways, but there's no way to reverse its behavior to only act on those sites that disallow right clicking.

Thanks, anyways.

Such as -- is that copyright notice at the bottom hard-coded into this forum software, or is it configurable whether to show it or not?
Most show it at the bottom by default, unless they've paid extra to remove the branding.

New problem: Printing issues that first appeared 2-3 days ago. Victoria, did you upgrade the forum software around that time?

Problem 1:
When I created a PDF of a thread, I used to get text in the PDF. That meant I could use the Adobe Acrobat tool to highlight specific words, which is cool. Now I get an "image." I have encountered other websites that do this, that is, display a webpage so that the print is an image rather than text. Annoying, but Acrobat has a "recognize text" option.

Problem 2:
No workaround for this problem. When I try to print a thread, only the first page gets printed, using the Firefox browser. Using the Edge browser (Windows 10), the print to PDF uses a built-in feature of that browser, and Edge simply hangs, with no PDF ever created.

I have not done any tests under the Chrome browser, because I don't use Chrome due to Google's intrusive tracking and data collection.

Phil Burton

Phil Burton

New problem: Printing issues that first appeared 2-3 days ago. Victoria, did you upgrade the forum software around that time?
No forum software upgrades since the main upgrade weeks ago. If this is a new issue, maybe look at plugins you've added to your browser?

No forum software upgrades since the main upgrade weeks ago. If this is a new issue, maybe look at plugins you've added to your browser?
Victoria,

I haven't added any new plug-ins to FireFox. I'm not sure about auto-updates. However, the fact that I have issues with two different browers may mean something.

Phil, can you email me a PDF you did previously, and one of the same thread as it's created now please? I can't reproduce these issues on my Mac, and I won't have access to my Windows machine for a couple of weeks, but that might offer some clues.

Phil, can you email me a PDF you did previously, and one of the same thread as it's created now please? I can't reproduce these issues on my Mac, and I won't have access to my Windows machine for a couple of weeks, but that might offer some clues.
Done.

Problem 1:
When I created a PDF of a thread, I used to get text in the PDF. That meant I could use the Adobe Acrobat tool to highlight specific words, which is cool. Now I get an "image." I have encountered other websites that do this, that is, display a webpage so that the print is an image rather than text. Annoying, but Acrobat has a "recognize text" option.

Problem 2:
No workaround for this problem. When I try to print a thread, only the first page gets printed, using the Firefox browser. Using the Edge browser (Windows 10), the print to PDF uses a built-in feature of that browser, and Edge simply hangs, with no PDF ever created.

I can confirm both of these issues in Win10 Firefox - both the release version (v59.0.2 IIRC) and beta v60.0b16

I tested Chrome too (it's the only thing that will still work with Google Voice -- coincidence? :sneaky: ). All the pages printed to pdf just fine, but it was still as an image.

A bit of a Google came up with this documentation that seems to suggest it's a browser issue Printing to PDF from Firefox or Chrome – Bullzip Knowledge Base but I'll test further when I get access to my Windows machine
Almost. I can still print even now PDFs as text from other websites using FireFox and Adobe Acrobat. For some websites, I have never been able to print PDFs as text. In fact, I just printed off as a PDF one of the webpages frrom the Bullzip website, and it did print off as text!

Phil

Last edited:
I've been away for a while. I'm now on a new computer, using a recreated from scratch Firefox profile. .... Win10 Pro, Firefox Quantum v61.0.2

I'm still getting the flashing horizontal scrollbar after posting a reply. Like on my old computer, it won't go away until I refresh the page.
It pops up a flashing horizontal page-scrollbar on the bottom, even though there was none before posting a reply.

Any possibility of finding a fix for that?
(Also of note, is that it popped up when hitting 'edit' for this post.)

Hoggy,

I think this one is all you :)
I use Firefox on my Windows 10 machines and have no problems and do not see the flashing scroll bar.
With that said as a developer I have seen this before. Try resizing the window, if you have it maximized try full screen or just slightly smaller. Sometimes the combination of font, display settings and resolution can throw off the calculation if a scroll bar is needed.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

With that said as a developer I have seen this before. Try resizing the window, if you have it maximized try full screen or just slightly smaller. Sometimes the combination of font, display settings and resolution can throw off the calculation if a scroll bar is needed.

Just tried these --- no go. (After hitting 'reply', I had to refresh the page just now - you know how annoying it can be to type with a flashing scrollbar in your face, on a large monitor? ;) OH - and again after using a smiley :laugh: - twice!)

I'm not sure how this can be reproduced. This is on a 32-inch 4k monitor, so the system is set up for 150% enlargement in Window's setting. On my old computer, it was set to 125%.
While trying the above, I tried Firefox zooms set to both 100% and ~150% -- apparently this forum isn't made for 4k, cause at 100% Fx zoom, this forum is a pretty tiny strip in the middle.

Possibly Victoria can try enlarging via Window's settings on a testing machine when she gets to one?

<sigh> Or maybe I'll have to do the 'Firefox addon dance' yet again. :rolleyes:

No problems on my 4K screen. But then I have Windows magnification set to 100%.
I figure I will need to wear my reading glasses soon.... :D

Good luck,

Tim

Test Post on Firefox Windows 10 100%

Test post on Firefox Windows 10 150% on 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back