thanks to all of you and especially the help by Rob Cole and his Plugin I was able to relocate all photos.
All my rating, key-wording and development work has been saved.
Big Thank You !
Now off to reworking the backup strategies.
back home and ready to test Robs Plugin.
Thank you very much Rob!! I will report on my findings.
Had a look at my Metadata tab, but could not find original filename. Where did it go?
Even when selecting a working file it doesn´t show up.:confused:
rethinking the routine once in a wile is not to bad :)
For a quick explanation why I do things the way I do it.
1. Before using Lightroom I had a DAM prog I trusted all my files to. Then the company stoped supporting the prog and I wanted to export my files to use with LR...
This is the screenshot of the catalog I created in step 2. I realised somthing might be fishy and did not go on with step 6.
I found the NEF, I moved it dow the pile befor renaming. "Added Order" was enabeled.
For this vacation I shot JPEG+RAW. Imported all the images, rated them and got rid of...
Ah, this would have been to nice.
I tryed one folder and realised that I have deleted photos in the original catalog.
If you compare this screenshot with the top one, you will see that the photo with the donky car has a different number.
Comparing the photocount 167 (original catalog) with...
I have been reading about my problem quite some time now, until now I didn`t find any solution.
Here is the problem:
After importing images from a vacation I did a backup. Then I started to work on those photos, rate, keyword, did some selectiv processing and RENAME the photos using...