2020 has been quite some year, and one we’re all pleased to move on from. However, we thought it might be interesting to see the Blog posts we did in 2020, arranged by topic. Many were new, some were updated to include the latest information. You may have missed one that could be just what you need!
We looked at the different Lightroom versions and also what happens if you cancel your subscription:
- What’s new in Lightroom Classic since Lightroom 6?
- What happens to my photos if I cancel my Adobe subscription?
- Lightroom cloud ecosystem vs. Lightroom Classic – which do I need?
- What’s changed since Lightroom (cloud-service) was launched?
These dealt with different aspects of catalog management, including the series on merging catalogs:
- What is a Lightroom catalog?
- Should you have one catalog or multiple catalogs?
- Merging Catalogs – The Overview
- Merging Catalogs – Stage 1 – Identifying Catalogs
- Merging Catalogs – Stage 2 – Prepare Catalogs for a Clean Merge
- Merging Catalogs – Stage 3 – Using Import from Another Catalog to Merge
- Merging Catalogs – Stage 4 – Cleanup
- Why is Lightroom asking to upgrade my catalog and what does it do?
The heart of your digital management:
- The time on my camera was incorrect—how do I change the capture time?
- How do I change the photo dates on scanned / photographed images?
- What kind of keywords should I assign to my photos?
- Should I use flat or hierarchical keywords?
- How do I assign keywords to my photos?
- How do I clean up my keyword list?
We had one that related to scanning:
We covered using presets in all versions of Lightroom:
- How do I import Profiles and Presets into Classic?
- How do I import Profiles and Presets into Cloud and Mobile?
- How do I create Lightroom presets?
- Why are some of my presets in italics?
- Why learn to edit photos using sliders?
We also had some miscellaneous topics:
- Lightroom Top 10 Gotcha’s
- How do I roll back to an earlier Lightroom Classic release?
- Lightroom and macOS Big Sur 11 & Apple M1 Compatibility
- Lightroom Gadgets – Sandmarc phone accessories
Of course, we also had blogs each time Adobe updated Lightroom, and also a Newsletter each month – for the archive of Newsletters, just log onto our website and head for Newsletter archive!
For extensive information on Lightroom Classic, see Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ.
If you have the Photography Plan, then as well as Classic you have access to the Lightroom cloud ecosystem including the mobile apps and web interface. For more information on these apps, see Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro.
Note: purchase of these books includes the first year’s Classic or cloud-based Premium Membership (depending on the book purchased), giving access to download the latest eBook (each time Adobe updates the software), email assistance for the applicable Lightroom version if you hit a problem, and other bonuses.
We also have a special bundle offer for the two books. This includes Premium Membership for the first year as described above for the whole Lightroom family!