Staff member
Administrator
Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Welcome to the new forum software. I hope you find your way around ok! We'll be updating all of the help threads etc. over the next few days.

There might be some bugs... it is software, after all. If you find anything, please report it in this thread and I'll do my best to find a solution or workaround.

The same goes for feature requests. If there's a particular feature you'd love to see, post it here and I'll find out if it's possible.

And thank you in advance for your patience while we clear through any initial teething problems!

Virginia,

I love the new forum software. Two observations, based on about 20 minutes of using the new forum.

1. All messages are marked new, so that that the "first unread" link and the "show all unread messages searches" aren't useful.
2. Some of the emoticons from the old software aren't translated to to emoticons in the new software. So I saw one message that contained :sad: or something similar.

These are minor problems. if this is as bad as it gets, you've done a good job with the migration.

Phil Burton

Likely the old emoticons did not translate to the new ones :eek::(. This will not likely be an issue for the new posts. The same is true for the new messages. This goes away as soon as you mark all messages read.

I guess when Victoria says it is her number 1 priority....
It really is. That was fast. :)

Tim

LOL If you find any more emoticons that didn't carry over, let me know their text and I'll match them up. I've just uploaded tonnes, so most should be sorted.

And yes, Clee's spot on, the "new posts" issues is a one-off from the move, as the importer can't carry over read status.

Excellent job.....really looks good!!

I logged in but got an error when I trie to update my profile. Says I am not authorised to carry out the function. Will try again tomorrow. See the error quote.
Lightroom Forums - Error
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

I like the new forum structure. Very nice upgrade, and looks like you had a nice conversion of the data.

So where do you want the minor comments?
Such as the search box is not really visible and overlaps some of the other style lines?
The font on the menu is a little hard to read. The thin white characters against the light blue is very pretty but my old eyes take a minute to adjust and see it.
Or the sub menu on for forums seems out of order. (e.g. New Posts, Search, Mark Read)

Tim

I logged in but got an error when I trie to update my profile. Says I am not authorised to carry out the function. Will try again tomorrow.

Got it! Thanks Denis, I've found the permissions mistake, so it should work now.

Thanks guys! Any big or little comments on this thread, as this'll be the ones I cross things off.

Last edited:
I've logged in, so that a good start.

Thanks for your efforts Victoria (I too am amazed by how quickly it's happened) and I'll surely feed back experience.

Cheers, Dave

Thanks, on the ball as usual and its a bit late in the UK if thats where you are this evening.
Yup, nearly 10:30pm so definitely bedtime. Try not to find too many bugs while I sleep.;-)

Subjectively, on my tablet, the new software seems significantly faster.

Dave

OK, I'll bite. How do I find unread posts? I used to just click on the unread posts button to see what was new each day. Probably simple, but I can't seem to find a similar button.

OK, I'll bite. How do I find unread posts? I used to just click on the unread posts button to see what was new each day. Probably simple, but I can't seem to find a similar button.
Same as before, there's a New Posts button near the top.

Thanks. Didn't equate 'new posts' w/ 'unread posts'. Gonna take me awhile, I'm afraid.

Home
  1. Hi Ken C, welcome to the new forum software!

The forum is now live again but we're still working on the upgrade. It's a massive upgrade, so we're considering this a beta release for the next few weeks. Please report any bugs and feature requests on this thread. Thank you for your patience!

Please update your profile and you're also welcome to upload an avatar so we can get to know you better.
    Dismiss Notice
Lightroom Forums - Error
Home
I get this when I click on the forum icon on my iPad but it works ok once I select HOME

Last edited by a moderator:
That's an odd one Ken. Which Forum icon? The one next to the Home button? Or an icon on the home screen? Which page are you viewing before you press the Forum icon?

I've enjoyed using/reading the lightroom forum. And I like the new format. One issue I have is the "brightness" of the white background. Is there a way to make the background "less white?" It would make it easier on my old tired eyes. Thanks to all who have been so helpful over the years.............

Is there a way to make the background "less white?" It would make it easier on my old tired eyes.

Let me come back to that one Jason, as I'd need to create a separate style. In the meantime, click Lightroom Forums in the bottom left corner and you can try the dark style (which is a WIP) to see if you prefer it.

Home

The forum is now live again but we're still working on the upgrade. It's a massive upgrade, so we're considering this a beta release for the next few weeks. Please report any bugs and feature requests on this thread. Thank you for your patience!

Please update your profile and you're also welcome to upload an avatar so we can get to know you better.
    Dismiss Notice
Lightroom Forums - Error
Home
I get this when I click on the forum icon on my iPad but it works ok once I select HOME
It's the tile on the hom
Home

Dismiss Notice
Lightroom Forums - Error
Home
Hi Victoria its the tile on the home screen a square with LR Forums inside it

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me come back to that one Jason, as I'd need to create a separate style. In the meantime, click Lightroom Forums in the bottom left corner and you can try the dark style (which is a WIP) to see if you prefer it.

Thank you Victoria.... I will try the white on black for a while.... but prefer black on (lesser bright) white. And thanks for providing such a helpful forum......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back